We all have friends that we know are broke, but look rich and classy. They’re polished and put together at all times. They never have cash for Starbucks, but the vibe they give off is pure elegance and sophistication.
Then we have friends that we know are loaded, but they look so worn out and plain. They have money for the vale, but they spend hours looking for a parking spot 10 blocks away from the destination.
The difference between looking rich and actually being rich is style and attitude. You don’t need a lot of money to look classy and sophisticated.
Small tweaks in your style, attitude, and demeanor can help a lot with that rich and classy vibe. Remember that in order to be rich, one must project an image of wealth at all times.
It’s relatively easy to look rich when you’re wearing a gown. The trick is to stand out without gowns, heels, and sparkly things. Finesse comes down to style, manners, the way you talk and walk, and posture.
So, dressing better alone will not make you look rich. Work on all angles and cover all the bases. Maybe you want to spice up your style but you have a tight budget. Maybe you’re hanging with a new crew and want to blend in.
Maybe you want more eyes on you, be the center of attention, and dominate the conversation. It doesn’t matter because we’ve all had to put on airs at some point for some reason.
So no worries! Here you’ll learn how to look rich and classy, how to dress rich on a budget, and some tips on how to act rich as well.
How To Look Rich And Classy
- Always wear a watch. Invest in a quality wristwatch that goes with everything.
- Wear quality sunglasses or carry one over your head. It’s the best fashion accessory you can wear.
- Keep your nails clean and polished. Because your hands are among the first things people notice about you.
- You don’t need diamonds to look rich. Wear basic accessories that don’t discolor easily. Keep it simple and elegant as opposed to huge and flashy. You’re the centerpiece, not your accessories.
- Always, always keep your hair clean. You can never hide an oily scalp despite the number of diamonds you’re wearing. Have a dry shampoo in your bathroom cabinet for emergencies.
- Have a go-to hairstyle. Unlike what you see on social media, nobody wakes up with a messy bun that looks cute. But it’s incredibly time-consuming to do your hair every single day. Instead, try treatments like keratin that will save you time.
- Always smell nice. You don’t need an expensive perfume. Even a basic body mist from The Body Shop can do the job.
- Smile more. Clean and white teeth are essential. They’re important for your overall healthy look. If you can’t afford a professional whitening treatment, try a whitening pen or toothpaste.
- Always be shaved, waxed, or better yet, lasered. Don’t be the person that’s too lazy for hygiene and grooming.
- Stay away from too much makeup. Try a light foundation on well-moisturized skin. Contouring, wearing too much blush, messy lips, or messy eyeliner can ruin your wealthy look.
- Work on your posture. Chin up, shoulders pushed back and tummy tucked in. This will strengthen your core as well.
- Keep it subtle. Even if they’re authentic, wearing clothes and accessories with huge brand names written all over them is simply off-putting.
- Master the art of body language. A good, open posture indicates self-awareness and confidence.
- A little bit of tan adds to your overall look by making the colors pop. Take advantage of that.
How To Dress Rich
- Wear clothes that flatter your body. Make sure they’re always spotless and well-pressed.
- Invest in timeless wardrobe pieces. Avoid spending too much on seasonal items that’ll go out of style in a few months. They drain your budget for no good reason.
- Choose quality fabrics that don’t wrinkle easily. Cotton’s almost always a terrible idea. Silk, satin, and cashmere are quality fabrics. They always look rich and expensive no matter how basic and simple the item is.
- Choose neutral colors for your outfits. Grey, beige, deep shades of green -these colors have an advantage over others because they allow you to mix and match and style your outfit more easily.
- Wear only one statement piece. Whether it’s the shoes or the bag, make one item stand out.
- Try not to layer too many pieces. They’ll cancel each other out. And you’ll end up looking like a mobile thrift shop.
- Too many logos on your clothes do not help.
- Up your casual game. Over-sized coats and leather jackets with neutral plain sneakers can turn regular casual into casual chic instantly.
- Don’t be afraid to wear feminine clothes like skirts when you see fit.
- Wear seamless underwear. A visible bra cup and a panty line can ruin your outfit. And they’re always unflattering to the body.
- Always have tailored trenchcoats in different colors for different seasons. They’re the definition of dressing rich.
- Stay away from platform heels!
- When picking a purse, go for the chain straps that don’t discolor.
- Be resourceful. You can find basic white T-shirts for all budgets. Tuck it in, put on a stiletto, and grab a trenchcoat. That timeless look is pure elegance!
- If you’re dressing rich on a budget, your outerwear is the only one that deserves the splurge.
How To Act Rich
- Try to walk at a normal speed. Not too slowly as if you have nothing to do. And not too fast as if you’re late for a job interview.
- Talk at moderate speed and speak clearly. Don’t be too loud or too silent. Your voice should give off confidence.
- Don’t carry coins in your pocket.
- Don’t be the person that constantly asks about the price of things. If someone’s wearing a cute top, pay a compliment and move on. No need to ask how much it costs and where they got it from.
- Stop self-deprecating. When someone says something nice to you, say thank you. And resist the urge to belittle yourself. That has nothing to do with modesty.
- Try to always valet park. It’s about making an entrance.
- Always be polite, even when nobody’s looking. Treat everyone with respect and kindness. Arrogance has nothing to do with looking rich and classy.
- Look people in the eye. Be attentive in your conversations using your body language.
- Follow proper table manners. Avoid talking while eating, taking big bites, and chewing loudly.
- Never shout to someone. Especially your waiter! Wait to be noticed or make yourself be seen without yelling. It just looks bad.
- Always tip your waiter!
- Meeting people isn’t enough. Keep your conversations fun and smart so that people want to stay in your circle.
- Work on your culture. Read a lot. You want to make people see that you’re not shallow and that there are things they can learn from you.
- Have hobbies and interests. We’re not always full of juicy stories and fun things to talk about. Your interests can be great conversation topics when meeting new people, and you’ll have the upper hand as you’ll know more about the topic than the next person.
- Work on your attitude and try not to be faint-hearted or easily affected by things and people. Because it’s not easy to amaze a rich person.
- Last but not least, build healthy self-confidence and fake it till you make it.
So these are some of the best and easiest ways to look rich and classy. But remember this. It’s all about confidence. So whether it’s through spending money or spending time, invest in yourself to improve your self-confidence. You’ll see that in time, you’ll be the person you want to be. And because you know how much work went into the process, you’ll appreciate yourself more, which is the definition of confidence.
Read Next: How To Be More Feminine